New Mexico Truck Accident Lawyers
When Lack of Truck Driver Experience Causes Truck Accidents
Commercial truck drivers are not only required to hold special driver’s licenses, they are also required to undergo a certain level of training to ensure they know how to safely operate the vehicles they are driving. When these drivers lack the proper amount of experience and training, it’s far more likely that accidents will happen.
At Buckingham Barrera Law Firm, our lawyers are skilled at determining when truckers’ inexperience has contributed to accidents. Dedicated to helping our clients secure the compensation they deserve, our attorneys can help you protect your rights and identify (and pursue) your best recovery options after trucker inexperience causes crashes.
Required Experience & Training for Commercial Truckers
The required level of training for commercial truckers1 will depend on various factors, only some of which can include:
- The type of vehicle they are driving
- The nature of the cargo they are transporting (including whether that cargo is hazardous and/or flammable)
- Generally, trucking companies are responsible for making sure that truckers have the proper licensing and required training before allowing them to transport any cargo
These companies are also required to:
- Provide any special training that may be necessary for the safe handling of special types of vehicles and/or cargo
- Maintain records of the training they have provided for their drivers
- Maintain records of each driver’s licensing, credentials and special permits
When Inexperienced Truck Drivers Cause Crashes
When truckers lack experience, they can present a big risk to anyone sharing the roads with them. This is due to the facts that, without the right experience and training, truckers are far more likely to:
- Mishandle heavy trucks while driving
- Overload trucks, improperly secure loads and/or improperly balance the cargo they are hauling – This can increase the risk of rollover and jackknife truck accidents
- Violate hours-of-service regulations – This can increase the risk of trucker fatigue, which can be as dangerous as driving while impaired by alcohol and/or drugs
- Violate any state and/or federal trucking regulations
When inexperienced truck drivers cause crashes, they – and possibly the trucking company they drive/work for – can be liable.
Contact New Mexico Truck Accident Attorneys at Buckingham Barrera Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been hurt in any type of truck wreck, you can rely on a truck accident attorney at Buckingham Barrera Law Firm for vigorous advocacy and experienced help with your financial recovery. Since 1990, our trusted lawyers have been helping truck accident victims pursue all available legal remedies so they can maximize their recoveries and start restoring their lives.
Although we cannot undo the past, we are here for you now – and our representation can make a big difference in your recovery and future.
Call (505) 672-8891 or email our firm via the contact form to schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers. When you meet with us, we will provide you with clear answers about your rights and best options for recovery so that you can make the right decisions for you and your family as you proceed.
From offices based in Midland, Texas and Albuquerque, New Mexico, our skilled lawyers provide superior service and effective legal advocacy to injured people throughout the U.S.
1: FMCSA regulations regarding licensing & training for commercial truck drivers